C or C++

Hi All,

I am starting to learn C and am wondering if C++ may be a better choice? The purpose is to do free software development and eventually contribute to existing projects.

I believe that a lot of gnome stuff is c and kde stuff tends to be c++ is that correct?

what would other people out their recommend. I realize there are lots of different opinions on this but I was just interest to see third party thoughts.

Thanks

Anthony

  • Re: About that Buchenwald visit?
    ... Except any time either of us provide a source for moral value without purpose, you simply reject it, because it doesn't have purpose. ... understand the difference between fact and opinion - you simply assert that all of your opinions are facts, and therefore any contrary opinions are by definition false. ... Here's a system of morality: anything that promotes my own existence is moral, anything that tends to inhibit my own existence is immoral. ... You're saying "I don't like broccoli, therefore no dish containing broccoli can be considered tasty." ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Document level auditing capabilities
    ... but I don't know of any free plug-in for this purpose. ... considering third party solutions you might want to have a look at WebObs ...
  • Re: C or C++
    ... Mark Hobley wrote: ... The purpose is to do free software development and eventually contribute to existing projects. ... Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC) ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Phoning for Help
    ... Rita wrote: ... What is your purpose when you continually do this? ... minded because I have strong opinions on some topics. ... Our offenses are splinters in her eye, but the logs in her own eyes ...
    (soc.senior.issues)
  • Re: Antispyware and Solaris
    ... It serves a similar purpose even ... Expressed in this posting are my opinions. ... to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)