C Programming on shell

Hi,

I'd like to give C programming from shell a try. I thought about vim+gcc, so i added these lines to ~/.vimrc:

syntax on
set et
set sw=4
set smarttab
set nocp incsearch
set cinoptions=:0,p0,t0
set cinwords=if,else,while,do,for,switch,case
set formatoptions=tcqr
set cindent

but my question is: isn't there a way to integrate vim and gdb (watches, breakpoints etc on the shell)? If I got it right, both GdbVim and Clewn do what I'm looking for, but just on the GUI version of vim. How do you program from shell? Suggestions?

thanks

  • shell power vs. modern GUI IDE
    ... I think that the power of shell programming (particularly with the use ... scripting + perl with programming with IDEs like Eclipse or NetBeans. ... Perhaps one problem in vim is the source code browsing: ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.programming)
  • Re: [Long] about ksh93 (Was: Bourne Shell Programming on Windows)
    ... Note that in src/cmd/ksh93/OBSOLETE in ksh93 source ... > But this is a shell feature, not a shell programming feature. ... Look at David Korn's himself ksh scripts on its home ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Consciousness without borders
    ... you got to know some shell programming to survive in this environment. ... knowing another language - the language for engineers. ... I checked out a Lego based robot maker - they ...
    (soc.culture.bengali)
  • C/C++ interpreter Ch 6.0 available
    ... 2D/3D plotting, numerical computing, shell programming and embedded ... Embeddable scripting ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • [ann] C/C++ interpreter Ch 6.0 released
    ... 2D/3D plotting, numerical computing, shell programming and embedded ... Embeddable scripting ...
    (comp.programming)