Re: IsBadReadPtr for Linux?

Grant Taylor wrote:

Last time I needed this, I needed to do it in a signal handler and
without using a temporary file (which arguably shouldn't be necessary
for this). I ended up calling msync on the appropriately page
address. This does reliably return ENOMEM for pages that aren't.
With the async flag, it had no side effects to speak of, since the
process was about to dump core anyway...

can you safely call msync(2) even on memory address that doesn't point to mapped file area?

--
SF

Facciamo quello per cui siamo stati addestrati, per cui siamo stati cresciuti, per cui siamo nati. Niente prigionieri, nessuna pietà. Inizio memorabile.
.