Re: Example of "epoll" usage?

William Park wrote:
Does anyone have reference to textbooks, URL, or Usenet posting which
has example of "epoll" usages? There are few things that manpage is not
clear about.

I know what you mean, I was recently in the process of learning epoll as well. Docs and examples ARE lacking. Go ahead and ask a question.

  • Example of "epoll" usage?
    ... Does anyone have reference to textbooks, URL, or Usenet posting which ... has example of "epoll" usages? ... There are few things that manpage is not ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • epoll clarification sought: multithreaded epoll_wait for UDP sockets?
    ... each thread has its own epoll fd set (which is ... The hope is that each thread hogs a single CPU, and that UDP DNS queries ... As indicated by the manpage of epoll however, ... so I could bindmultiple times to the same IP ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: epoll clarification sought: multithreaded epoll_wait for UDP sockets?
    ... each thread has its own epoll fd set (which is ... As indicated by the manpage of epoll however, ... you have to mark the context of the fd as "in use" ... while another thread is handling that session. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Example of "epoll" usage?
    ... There are few things that manpage is not ... Look at libevent, it includes support for epoll as well as many other ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)