Re: Which way is the best choice to co-exist Windows and Linux ?

On a sunny day (Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:08:06 GMT) it happened
markhobley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mark Hobley) wrote in
<aq9fd5-8i7.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Kid <kid1972tw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. I can use VMWare or Microsoft VPC .
2. I can use Cygwin or coLinux .
3. I can use boot manager to divide HD partitions for each system .

There is also option 4.

4. Use Linux, and install any needed Microsoft Windows applications
using Wine

Most Microsoft Windows based applications tend to just run these days.
There is probably no need for a separate Microsoft Windows based
installation.

Mark.

One reason to install and use MS, is hardware that has only drivers for MS Windows.
It is my experience with wine (although my version is now a year old), that almost none
of those drivers + applications run.

Some programs that do not need USB or net drivers, run fine in wine on my system,
however I still need a real MS windows for the rest.

.