Re: Help on socket lib and TCP/IP handshake

On Aug 11, 9:01 am, Rainer Weikusat <rweiku...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The original description did not claim that the server permanently
ceased to accept connections, but that the server was still doing
accept processing and 'client connect calls' would result in
connection refused messages. According to the listen(2)-manpage, this
could happen when a new connection request arrives while the listen
backlog queue is full.

If the server really ceases to accept connections, it is (of course)
much more likely that it stopped calling accept than that the system
call 'broke mysteriously'. But that is unknown.

I think we have two different, but equally plausible, interpretations
of "hangs in accept".

DS

  • Re: Network intermittently dropping the connection to shared files on server
    ... what we were using with our SBS2000 server with no problems. ... It's a small Server plus 4 Client W/S set up in one office. ... All users that have current connections to the shared files are ... We have a small network < 5 clients connected to a new Dell ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TCP server stop receiving new connections
    ... reset the event mask of your listening socket each time you ... I have a strange problem in my class library used by all our client ... server applications. ... incomming connections, but keeps current connections. ...
  • Re: RTC remoting > Explained in 11 minutes
    ... transport components for connections between clients and servers. ... server response but also server request (to client) -> client response) ... handed off to the different attached plugin command handlers which have ...
  • Re: Network intermittently dropping the connection to shared files on server
    ... ISA Server detected routes through adapter Loopback that do not correlate ... It's a small Server plus 4 Client W/S set up in one office. ... All users that have current connections to the shared files are ... We have a small network < 5 clients connected to a new Dell ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CSocket question
    ... client for some reason disconnects. ... server checks for idle time there can easily be 5-30 connections that are ... connections were actively sending data. ...