Re: Help on socket lib and TCP/IP handshake

On Aug 11, 9:01 am, Rainer Weikusat <rweiku...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The original description did not claim that the server permanently
ceased to accept connections, but that the server was still doing
accept processing and 'client connect calls' would result in
connection refused messages. According to the listen(2)-manpage, this
could happen when a new connection request arrives while the listen
backlog queue is full.

If the server really ceases to accept connections, it is (of course)
much more likely that it stopped calling accept than that the system
call 'broke mysteriously'. But that is unknown.

I think we have two different, but equally plausible, interpretations
of "hangs in accept".

DS
.