Re: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCstd

TsanChung <tsanchung.wong@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

How to fix the following error?

# make

Never ever compile anything as root: one day you'll make a mistake,
and will spend hours recovering from it.

g++ -o src/prog ./src/addSrv.o ./src/createClntCert_main.o ./src/
createSupportFile.o ./src/deleteSrv.o ./src/replaceSrv.o ./src/
examineClntCert.o ./src/examineClntCert_main.o ./src/listSrvs.o ./src/
registerSrv.o ./src/registerSrv_main.o ./src/verify.o ./src/
DynamicLibrary.o -L../../open_ssl_lib/openssl-0.9.7m/out/linux -
L../../util_lib/linux -lUtil -lssl -lcrypto -lCstd -lCrun -lsocket -
lnsl -lposix4 -lm -lw -lc -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCstd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Remove from your link line libraries which do not exist on
your system.

Your command line is copied verbatim from Solaris, except
's/CC/g++/', and it isn't correct on Solaris either (you should
never have had -lCstd and -lCrun on command line to begin with,
and you almost certainly do not want -lw and -lposix4 on any solaris
that is less than 10 years old).

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  • Few Good Interview Questions (Only for English Readers)
    ... overwhelming response. ... What command shows what modules are loaded into the Kernel? ... What command in Solaris, do you use to setup aliases for devices? ... How do you determine Volume Status in Veritas VxVM? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • posix ps (was Re: Adding `pgrep and `pkill to /usr/bin)
    ... >> commands also exist in Solaris and Linux. ... >> make whatever changes are needed for them to work on FreeBSD. ... pedantic posix relaxed solaris sunos susv3 tru64 ... since I suppose -arch will reject these important changes to a native command. ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: metainit BUG in Solaris 10 01/06
    ... Thanks for the reply Peter, excelent command, metarecover is great! ... This example is in Solaris 8 with SDS421 ... Soft Partition metadb matches extent header configuration ... No extent headers found on xxxxxx-dg/d200. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Few Good Interview Questions
    ... What command shows what modules are loaded into the Kernel? ... What command in Solaris, do you use to setup aliases for devices? ... How do you determine Volume Status in Veritas VxVM? ... Does Solaris Volume Manager have soft partitioning? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • The SUN Marketing Department is WORTHLESS.
    ... >> But how can I release my command when OpenSolaris is not here? ... > I guess you could download the free version of Solaris ... But does SUN have them up? ... this command will be released under the CDDL. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)