Re: Maturity of epoll implementation

saurabhth wrote:
I would like to know the linux kernel version as of date containing
the stable release of the epoll implementation (all bug fixes
included).

[info snipped]

Thanks for the info. I presume kernel version 2.6.12 and above are the
best candidates

Consider that Red Hat Enterprise Linux has a popular, still-supported version
that is based on linux-2.6.9; other supported versions are based on kernels
that are more recent. Current glibc (including ld-linux.so.2) also has
version-dependent code that triggers on LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.6.9. So if your
target audience includes these users, then it would be appropriate to test
on a current system with "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.6.9", and also to test
on a system that actually uses such an old kernel.

  • Red Hat Kernel help
    ... In the menu i have two kernels. ... Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: SolidWorks or VX?
    ... What's missing is application specific goemetry creation ... "Any of the kernels in popular use today, properly implemented, are ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)