Re: File move programatically in C

Roy Strachan <rd@xxxxxx> writes:

I'm trying to write a program to reorganize files on an Ubuntu Linux
8.04 box. I have it mostly working but I can't find a function to
move files.

Use Perl (or Python or ...) instead. It will pay off in the end, believe
me.

use File::Copy;
move ($file1, $file2);

Takes care of most problems discussed in this thread.

-- HASM

  • Re: C portability is a myth
    ... platforms than Perl or Python will ever run on. ... As you note, availability isn't portability, but what do I care that Perl ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: converting Word to MediaWiki
    ... Perl has saved my butt more times than I care to count. ... Python certainly has its advantages, but I won't be giving up Perl any time soon. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Python or PHP?
    ... If it's one of the things for which Python ... every language here and there more ways to do something. ... you make Perl more complicated than it is:-D. ... Not the programmer. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Recommend an E-book Meeting the Following Criteria (Newbie, Long)
    ... I know several programming languages namely Java, Perl and C in this order ... Now I'm wondering which Python book I should get as there are so many out ... I'd like to mostly concentrate on language features but some pointers ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Industry profiles: Software tools: Exclusive to comp.databases.pick: Why python? (from 2000)
    ... "My first look at Python was an accident, and I didn't much like what I ... language called SNG for manipulating PNG ... Perl, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla of modern scripting languages. ... The design objective of fetchmailconf ...
    (comp.databases.pick)