Re: Get actual _full_ name of current executable, not via argv[0] on Linux

On 2009-07-14, Grant Edwards <invalid@invalid> wrote:
On 2009-07-14, Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex Vinokur <alexvn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Is there any way to get actual _full_ name of current executable,

You can try reading the /proc/self/exe-symlink. But a file can
have many different names on a filesystem with hard link
support, so this may or may not help.

The executable may also have zero names. :)

OT: Did you ever wonder why in English the word "zero" is
treated as plural?

"zero names" "one name" "two names" "three names"
^ ^ ^

Is it that way in other languages?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Those people look
at exactly like Donnie and

  • Re: Work vs Actual Work
    ... Can't you just set remaining Work to zero? ... to actual work recalculate Duration. ... Regarding support from Microsoft - I asked local Microsoft support - ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Get actual _full_ name of current executable, not via argv[0] on Linux
    ... have many different names on a filesystem with hard link ... support, so this may or may not help. ... The executable may also have zero names. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Variance components analysis in random effects ANOVA with one factor
    ... This is largely because of the assumption of zero mean: ... > observable effect is to increase the tau. ... variance of the residuals, if I managed to support I ... get the residuals from the data. ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Work vs Actual Work
    ... JanoV wrote: ... Setting Remaining work to zero was very first idea I tried. ... But - setting Remaing work to zero recalculate Duration (and Actual ... Regarding support from Microsoft - I asked local Microsoft support - ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Disabling the Software Mixer in CE 5.0
    ... Our driver doesn't support the ... so I don't know how the mixer would behave. ... > What about choosing a sample rate other than zero, ...