Re: Plug-ins? THANKS!
- From: Charles Sullivan <cwsulliv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:32:52 GMT
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:33:13 +0000, Charles Sullivan wrote:
I am the developer of a FOSS software written entirely in C language
which is acquiring more and more optional features as time goes on, some
of which are of no use to a sizable subset of users.
What I've done thusfar is isolate blocks of code with #ifdef ... #endif
statements so the user can omit unneeded features at configure/make
time, however this doesn't help users who are installing from
Is it possible to program/compile this C software so that modules with
optional features are linked in after a run-time stub determines which
ones are needed? If so, where can I find information about doing this?
Thanks for your help.
Thanks guys, your responses are much appreciated. After reading David's
excellent comments however, I realize I probably won't accomplish much by
pursuing this approach and I'm better off leaving well enough alone.
- From: Charles Sullivan
- Prev by Date: Re: FIle system for maximum write speed of very large files
- Next by Date: Not able to change baud rate
- Previous by thread: Re: Plug-ins?
- Next by thread: Re: Plug-ins?