I like the epoll interface

I just felt like writing this. It's very nice to work with
something which was developed with reasonable performance and ease of
use in mind, as opposed to either 'How can we provide a facility which
mostly works with the least amount of new kernel code' (UNIX(*)) or
'Make it FAST on a VAX !!1' (BSD).

  • Re: Beggars Chant
    ... I hope you find your writing soon... ... Be open to the Spirit and its surprises. ... covered in a book I found recently entitled Of Mind and Music by Laird ... pre-tend, as long as the pre-tend is offered to serve the greater good ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Just a word about Mike in FBOW
    ... Deanna wouldn't mind if he excused himself ... But within the creative place where good writing ... > was dinner, candles, wine and guests. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Experimental collaboration
    ... I do not mind giving reasons, but see no value in discussing them. ... Creative Writing who has sent anything in here. ... My feeling is that active groups attract activity and if this group ...
    (uk.culture.arts.writing)
  • Re: Tengwar follow natures lines
    ... To my mind, ME is more like an opera than a musical score ... 'creative writing course.' ... One can trace a path from the angular form of a rune ... Also they could communicate mind-to-mind. ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: Test Driven Development
    ... >>At times they may do DbC as part of TDD, but most of TDD is simple ... Writing a test does not help to make sure that the ... >>code more of what is in their mind, ... syntax error, not look, no it's synatx, but write new code anyway, ...
    (comp.object)