Re: Reading lilo.conf info from boot sector

From: johninsd at san dot rr dot com (bitbucket_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/28/03

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:40:24 GMT

On 25 Jul 2003 07:17:27 -0700, prakash_achuthan@yahoo.com (prksh) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Sorry, I am reposting this message.
>
>I am having a system which boots from a Raid1 device (md0 or md1),
>each of them have two mirrored partitions
>md0 -> /dev/hda1, /dev/hdc1
>md1 -> /dev/hde1. /dev/hdg1
>
>Now, Can somebody tell me how to read the lilo.conf info written by
>lilo to the boot sector? I have to write a program which would dump
>the lilo info by reading the boot sector.

The info from "lilo.conf" is spread over several areas: boot sector,
second-stage loader, map file descriptor area, keytable, &c. The placement of
this information is highly dependent upon the version of LILO in use, and may
change in the future without notice.

--John

LILO version 22++ links at:
  http://freshmeat.net/projects/lilo