Re: kernel-module version missmatch !??????

From: Michael Mueller (malware_at_t-online.de)
Date: 09/01/03

    Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:58:56 +0200

    Martin Huang wrote:
    > # gcc -c hello.c

    You have to specify the include directory for the kernel header files.
    Usally /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include these days. The glibc
    header files used by default are a sanitized copy from the kernel
    version glibc was compiled with.

    As others already pointed out adding '-D__KERNEL__' is a good idea too.

    Michael

    --
    Linux@TekXpress
    http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/Michael.Mueller4/tekxp/tekxp.html

    • Re: make - doesnt find header file but file is available
      ... thousand times without becoming visible in google search;) ... Some projects to compile with gcc/make come with the script ./configure. ... its libdrm-dev an some others) it doesn't find the header files. ... In gcc you specify a path to look for headers files using the -I switch. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: building 2.6.35
      ... form suitable for use by userspace programs. ... The kernel header files can be generated from the kernel sources. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Distutils vs. Extension header files
      ... > header files in the directory with the extension. ... vincent has the solution (you need to specify them in MANIFEST.in), ... If one of those files change, distutils will rebuild the extension. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: maybe using O_LARGEFILE
      ... > Is there any advantage to NOT using the O_LARGEFILE flag on ... types and don't have any other related bugs, ... specify O_LARGEFILE explicitly. ... Why the standard header files still have 32 bit ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • Re: Newbie-question: include headers for different plattforms
      ... /I is used to specify the directories to look for header files. ... On linux, the compiler option, -I can be used to specify the header file search path. ...
      (comp.lang.c)