How to install a USB driver?

From: lrd (linux_at_ybwork.com)
Date: 11/18/03

Date: 17 Nov 2003 22:21:52 -0800

Hi,

I just wrote a driver for my USB board. Then, how can I install it?
I've tried with 'insmod', but it said:

'insmod: error inserting 'ZBoard.o': -1 Invalid module format'

What's the matter with my driver?

I'm using: Fedora Core 1, kernel 2.6.0-test9, module-init-tools
version
0.9.15-pre3.

Anybody can help me?

LRD

Relevant Pages

  • HPT raid on suse 9.0 - for example Abit SA6R old mobos
    ... I read about some posters' complaints about the fact no driver ... No scsi support on kernel required using this system. ... # insmod scsi_mod ... gzip the initrd to a temporany file.ext2 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: hba
    ... After install the driver the next steps are: ... insmod mptscsish ... 2.- Install the kernel modules for the tape-support: ... > I downloaded a driver from hp web, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: How to install USB Dongle in Ubuntu 6.06
    ... installing my USB Dongle. ... the driver came with a Readme file and I can't make heads or tails ... insmod ieee80211_crypt_wep-rtl.ko ... rmmod ieee80211-rtl.ko ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: need help with compile of pcmcia card driver
    ... and insmod will not. ... you mentioned that the card lights up when you ... You get two beeps - one high pitch to signify a card is plugged, ... then another - high pitch again if the driver loads ok, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • kernel source for 2.2.20-idepci(Debian)
    ... When running 'insmod' to install the network card driver on Debian Linux ... built does not match the installed kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)