Re: hiding cgi

From: james (fishbowl_at_conservatory.com)
Date: 02/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:48:08 GMT

In article <1076636879.51586@nntp.acecape.com>,
daniel caplan <NOJUNK@EMAILPLEASE.COM> wrote:

>but obviously we don't want them to
>be able to see our source code.

Why is that obvious? I would argue that they obviously
need access to the source code, if they are going to responsibly
operate a business using it.

If there is something wrong with your code that you need to
obscure it, you should fix that problem before releasing it to anyone.
No matter what, you should operate as if your source code is exposed,
whether you mean to expose it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MATLAB Compiler
    ... please take a closer look at the "source code", ... So the only thing you expose are the names, ... > I compile a GUI application developed in MATLAB 7.0.1 using the ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: (Semi)formally arguing referential transparency
    ... it's the table data is read-only; indexes may be created or destroyed as the query optimizer sees fit. ... It's clear that this design is referentially transparent as long as there's no way to get at the current index configuration. ... But how do I argue that from the sources? ... I need to argue by source code. ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: (Semi)formally arguing referential transparency
    ... This would be arguing by specification. ... I need to argue by source code. ... I was talking about source code. ... No external SQL engine there. ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: (Semi)formally arguing referential transparency
    ... On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Joachim Durchholz wrote: ... This would be arguing by specification. ... I need to argue by source code. ... I was talking about source code. ...
    (comp.lang.functional)