Removing framebuffer driver module?

From: Tervis (tero.tervala_at_uta.removethis.fi)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:20:42 +0300

Hello!

I can remove my framebuffer module (in development) by installing
virtual framebuffer module and assigning tty0 console to that (with
con2fb), but can I somehow do this without the virtual framebuffer
driver? I don't want to waste so much memory for such a little task.

Can I somehow prevent the console appearing on newly installed
framebuffer in the first place?

The idea is that "main" console is on the ttyS0 and framebuffer is used
only for graphical programs.

Thanks for any information!

-Tervis

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AGP slot vs. more than 2GB RAM
    ... |> The multi-console buffering without re-rendering on console change. ... |> Framebuffer is getting faster. ... |> with a gigabyte of buffer, with controls on X so it only uses the portion ... |> of it for its particular console, along with kernel driver software to ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • framebuffer + fbtv + X kills system
    ... I'm using kernel 2.4.26 with tdfx framebuffer as console ... X console (switching to other consoles works well, ... the framebuffer seems ... btaudio: registered device dsp2 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: AGP slot vs. more than 2GB RAM
    ... The multi-console buffering without re-rendering on console change. ... Framebuffer is getting faster. ... and there's lots of X modeline tuners. ... of it for its particular console, along with kernel driver software to ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Removing framebuffer driver module?
    ... I can remove my framebuffer module by installing ... virtual framebuffer module and assigning tty0 console to that (with ... Can I somehow prevent the console appearing on newly installed ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Command Line Interfaces
    ... Pretend I'm a Unix geek. ... Assuming 'x86 video card console' otherwise all bets are off... ... If framebuffer yes then you can alter resolution by passing arguments ...
    (Ubuntu)