Why is my FAT always corrupt?

From: David A. Ferguson (DavidAFergusonDELETETHIS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:01:35 -0500

I dual boot between Linux and W2k. I store the shared data on a FAT.
Whenever I write to it from Linux it almost always comes up corrupted.

Is there some special setting I should have in my 'fstab' or something?

It is so bad that it is basically useless. I don't do anything special
just open KWrite, enter some journal entries and exit.

Thanks...David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why is my FAT always corrupt? [OT]
    ... "David A. Ferguson" wrote: ... > Whenever I write to it from Linux it almost always comes up corrupted. ... > Is there some special setting I should have in my 'fstab' or something? ... Are there not multiple types of FAT partition? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: EXPORT_SYMBOL(fat_get_block)
    ... to the Linux kernel. ... You are listed as the MAINTAINER for FAT and VFAT. ... What exactly are the performance issues with doing this from userspace, ... don't think there is any need to do any of this from within the kernel. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: OT: Garbage on new USB Flash Drive
    ... I run Linux, ... Now you have created an ext2 filesystem on the flash or whatever it is. ... Vista was bad, touch screens would make me stop computers.... ... anyways forget about that FAT 16 or FAT 32 crap on FLASH. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Garbage on new USB Flash Drive
    ... I run Linux, ... Now you have created an ext2 filesystem on the flash or whatever it is. ... Vista was bad, touch screens would make me stop computers.... ... anyways forget about that FAT 16 or FAT 32 crap on FLASH. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: EXPORT_SYMBOL(fat_get_block)
    ... to the Linux kernel. ... You are listed as the MAINTAINER for FAT and VFAT. ... need to figure out exactly what your driver is doing to want to need to ... pre-allocation interface could be added ) to implemented file ...
    (Linux-Kernel)