Re: in-kernel clustering support?

From: Jan Knutar (shadowjksp_at_yahoo.se)
Date: 10/15/04

    Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:37:06 +0300

    Saturday7 wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm interested in adding in-kernel clustering support,
    > specifically so that SMP takes not only multiple CPUs
    > on the current machine into consideration, but CPUs
    > on other local machines, assuming they all are using
    > the same filesystem. However, is anyone else working
    > on this?

    Openmosix and mosix perhaps?

    • Re: in-kernel clustering support?
      ... > I'm interested in adding in-kernel clustering support, ... > specifically so that SMP takes not only multiple CPUs ... > on other local machines, ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • in-kernel clustering support?
      ... I'm interested in adding in-kernel clustering support, ... specifically so that SMP takes not only multiple CPUs ... on other local machines, ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • Re: Twisted an several CPUs
      ... > distributing it over multiple CPUs in a single machine. ... > serious scalability requirements, SMP is a minor step in the wrong ... > direction (unless you're talking about something like 128-way SMP on ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Twisted an several CPUs
      ... distributing it over multiple CPUs in a single machine. ... If you have serious scalability requirements, SMP is a minor step in the wrong direction ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Cluster computing drawbacks
      ... much gain from SMP hardware by increasing the number of threads, that isn't also possible by spawning the application onto multiple boxes of a cluster. ... One application that people wish would run better on SMP machines is routing for FPGA or ASIC designs. ... scaled to multiple CPUs using an inherently SMP method of communication, but not so easily using an MPI one. ...
      (comp.arch)