Re: advanced Makefile tutorial

From: Tomas Carnecky (tom_at_dbservice.com)
Date: 10/27/04

    Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:01:48 +0200

    Tabrez Iqbal wrote:
    > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. I have 'GNU
    > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing
    > large projects. for eg, i was getting problems in building uClinux and
    > i am not able to track down the problem because of Makefile structure
    > used. what material do you suggest for me?
    > I have basic knowledge of Makefiles.
    > i posted it on c.u.p also but did not get relevant info, so cross-posting now.

    I've discovered SCons (www.scons.org) this week, it's also capable of
    building large projects like the linux kernel.... maybe... with a little
    work. And it's really easy, even if you don't understand python (on
    which it's built).

    tom

    • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
      ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing ... "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on ...
      (comp.unix.misc)
    • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
      ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing ... "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
      ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing ... "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
      ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... I have 'GNU ... How about "Managing projects with make" from o'reilly? ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
      ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... I have 'GNU ... > I have basic knowledge of Makefiles. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)