Re: kernel module

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:41:01 +0100

    In comp.os.linux.development.system alice <alice_vas2001@yahoo.com>:
    > hi all,
    > First of all I would apologize in case this the wrong group for
    > posting this article.
    > I'm trying to write small Linux kernel modules.I compile them with the
    > following command

    > gcc -c test.c

    That's not how you compile a kernel module, check the docs how to
    go about it and retry.

    BTW
    Please stop multi-posting, IIRC saw your post already somewhere
    else. Please read:

    #bofh excuse 106: The electrician didn't know what the yellow
    cable was so he yanked the ethernet out.

    • Re: kernel modules
      ... > First of all I would apologize in case this the wrong group for ... > posting this article. ... Sorry, but you're really wrong here, Linux kernel modules aren't ... required to compile them is even more off-topic here. ...
      (comp.lang.c)
    • Re: kernel module
      ... alice wrote: ... > First of all I would apologize in case this the wrong group for ... > posting this article. ... I'm trying to write small Linux kernel ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: Trying to run first java program
      ... > Hi Skippy, ... I wanted I thought that over before posting. ... > possible to use constructs/classes in your sourcecode that needs 1.3 and ... > will not compile under a higher version? ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: VS 2005: __clrcall error exporting DLL functions which are not __clrcall? + /clr:pure/safe quest
      ... > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ... >> A code like this will compile on 2003 without problems but will fail to ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
    • trying to do a build freezes Visual C++
      ... I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to post this, ... Whenever I try to do a build, and sometimes a compile, Visual C++ simply ... Visual C++ doesn't actually freeze - all the other functions of ... As far as I can tell, this does *not* happen if Windows XP is in Safe Mode. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.language)