Re: Q: FILE* popen command shell calls

From: James Lehman (james[remove)
Date: 12/12/04

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:08:14 -0500

OK!
What's the short answer to get the output of dd,
good or bad, into a string?

Thanks for being so quick with the response.

~James. :o)

"Basile Starynkevitch [news]" <basile-news@starynkevitch.net> wrote in
message news:slrncrp954.gc3.basile-news@hector.lesours...
> On 2004-12-12, James Lehman <> wrote:
> > Why do I get nothing in command_return from calling the dd command?
> > Is it because dd reports to stderr?
> > How do I read stderr from a popen(ed) FILE* ?
>
> Don't use popen, but use the basic system calls (fork, execve, dup,
> dup2, close...). Some libraries (eg libqt, or glib from gtk) offer
> more powerful interfaces for that.
>

> --
> Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/
> email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
> 8, rue de la Fa´encerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Add Record with combo box
    ... Private Sub JCTARSectionLayer1ID_NotInList(NewData As String, ... Response As Integer) ... Dim strMsg As String ... Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Add Record with combo box
    ... Private Sub JCTARSectionLayer1ID_NotInList(NewData As String, ... Response As Integer) ... Dim strMsg As String ... Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Cbo Update Problems
    ... Dim strFormName As String ... > original form, but it then asks if I want to add the part number again. ... > Private Sub PartNumber_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) ... > Dim strMessage As String ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • RE: Combo Box and Limit To List
    ... No that is not on the list I get the message "Add a new charge No?". ... Private Sub ChargeNo_EL_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) ... Dim mbrResponse As VbMsgBoxResult ...