Re: Strong Arm and linux related.

From: Grant Edwards (grante_at_visi.com)
Date: 02/21/05

Date: 21 Feb 2005 22:19:37 GMT

On 2005-02-21, Tris Orendorff <triso@remove-me.cogeco.ca> wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>> Can you be a tiny bit more specific? I know about the ARM
>> instruction set simulator that comes with GDB, but I wasn't
>> aware than GCC included a simulator that could run Linux.
>
> Sorry to be misleading but I misunderstood the question and
> gave information for a cross-compiler, not a simulator.

It may be that's what he is looking for. If that's the case,
there are a number of places one can download SA toolchains for
use on an IA32 Linux host. Intel, for one, has them. It's not
all that hard to build one from scratch.

http://kegel.com/crosstool/ is a good resource.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Life is selling
                                  at               REVOLUTIONARY HAIR

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie assistance for Atmel at89c2051 project
    ... > Chris you are an Engineer type. ... > still haven't much of a clue how to make use of the simulator but I need ... this means I'm going to have the crippled Keil software, ... It took me about 2 weeks to really get a decent grasp on gdb. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: DTRACE build failure (/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread)
    ... get the SIGTRAP instead of GDB. ... sound like a major bug either, like "signals are broken with KSE" ... using FreeBSD for running their simulator as this problem made FreeBSD a ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Problem with GDB (PowerPC simulator)
    ... I am trying to get GDB to load PowerPC code, ... GDB fails trying to load the ELF file. ... Connected to the simulator. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Simulator,Emulator,Armulator
    ... (ARM Simulator), a CPU simulator for many of their ARM cores. ... I believe it is available to buy as part of the RealView Developer Suite for Solaris, ... In the latest version of the ARM tool-chain, the RealView Developer Suite the simulator is know as RVISS (or RealView Instruction Set Simulator). ...
    (comp.sys.arm)