Task State Segment

guruteck_at_gmail.com
Date: 04/04/05

Date: 4 Apr 2005 01:51:19 -0700

Hi all

   task_struct (process descripter) is used for saving "context of
process" and contain all detail information about them.Also Kernel
Stack is there for further information .
But What is the Need of Task State Segment(TSS).. for Linux.I think it
is duplicate information???

   For Every Context switch ,state of TSS changed???
Thanx in advance and sorry for New bee question....

Regards

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A bug (probably) in stop_all_threads
    ... Bur before calling schedule_timeoutit does not set the task state ... This causes a problem in our device which uses kernel 2.4. ... TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE, the problem disappears. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • A bug (probably) in stop_all_threads
    ... Bur before calling schedule_timeoutit does not set the task state ... This causes a problem in our device which uses kernel 2.4. ... TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE, the problem disappears. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • kernel modules question
    ... I am a Fedora user and I have a module that does not work for the latest kernels. ... The kernel simbol tasklist_lock is not found by the compiler. ... pidstate.c - How to show the task state for a given PID. ... The task state array is a strange "bitmap" of reasons to sleep. ...
    (Fedora)