How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?

From: Shirley (shirleyoga_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/26/05

    Date: 26 Apr 2005 02:13:33 -0700

    Hi, I'm project manager of a windows/linux/mac heterogeneous
    development team. And my team is a distributed one, over half of which
    is located in another city far from my workspace. We colaborate well
    via internet connection.

    As far as I know, MS VSS itself cannot run on non-windows platform.
    However, we want our SourceSafe to run everywhere. I mean we may need
    to access remote VSS database(in another city) from my linux or Mac
    box.

    Some of my members think CVS is nice, but I personally don't want to
    dump VSS. I'm looking to better and ideal solution. I need suggestions
    from you.

    Thanks very much in advance for any reply from you. :-)