How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?

From: Shirley (shirleyoga_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/26/05

    Date: 26 Apr 2005 02:13:33 -0700

    Hi, I'm project manager of a windows/linux/mac heterogeneous
    development team. And my team is a distributed one, over half of which
    is located in another city far from my workspace. We colaborate well
    via internet connection.

    As far as I know, MS VSS itself cannot run on non-windows platform.
    However, we want our SourceSafe to run everywhere. I mean we may need
    to access remote VSS database(in another city) from my linux or Mac
    box.

    Some of my members think CVS is nice, but I personally don't want to
    dump VSS. I'm looking to better and ideal solution. I need suggestions
    from you.

    Thanks very much in advance for any reply from you. :-)

    • How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?
      ... I'm project manager of a windows/linux/mac heterogeneous ... development team. ... MS VSS itself cannot run on non-windows platform. ... to access remote VSS database(in another city) from my linux or Mac ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?
      ... > development team. ... > As far as I know, MS VSS itself cannot run on non-windows platform. ... > to access remote VSS database(in another city) from my linux or Mac ... CVS", though there aren't so many clients available for it. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?
      ... >> development team. ... >> of which is located in another city far from my workspace. ... > Since VSS is proprietary to M$, I don't think this is possible. ... CVS for 15-20 years and have never lost a file. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • Parser Error Message: Could not load type ....
      ... We have a solution in VSS which works on all computers in our development team except one. ... If I open the resulting DLL in Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector I can see that the class is defined correctly and has been placed within the correct namespace. ... We've tried removing all output folders and rebuilding the solution and we've even gone so far as reformatting the computer and getting latest from VSS ... ...
    • Re: How to access remote SourceSafe database from Linux box?
      ... > development team. ... > As far as I know, MS VSS itself cannot run on non-windows platform. ... Having used and administered installations of both CVS and VSS I can tell ... had to be run on a nightly basis just to ensure the internal data ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)