Throughput question on Linux system

From: GS (globalswamy_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: 8 Aug 2005 08:30:17 -0700

We connected two smart bits ports to two Ethernet ports on the Linux
system, Smartbits pumps traffic on one port and receives traffic on
other port, we are getting higher through with lower packet size, and
getting lower throughput with higher packet size. If the packet size is
smaller, I should get more packets and which interrupts more and I
should get lower throughput, Does this some issue with Bottom halfs in
my Network driver?. Any idea?. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I am sick of windows firewall
    ... I use the AnalogX IPsec rules to supplement BlackIce ... need IPsec to stop outbound that BlackIce cannot do by ... attempts on the Windows networking ports even though BI ... supplemental packet filtering solution. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: N00b Question
    ... There is a great product called packet shaper by packetteer. ... AIM, iTunes, etc... ... ports and IP's this device will detect it. ... > For MSN/yahoo chat you can block the ports in your external firewall. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: WSAAsyncSelect stopped working
    ... the utility sends out a UDP back and waits for an ACK using ... is blocking any ports. ... the receipt of a packet, ... Netstat -a shows the UDP port on the PC side open. ...
  • Re: Terminal and X
    ... each packet to disk, which came in rather useful for after the fact ... This used an old recycled RAID array, an Extreme Networks 4 port fibre ... mirror egress and ingress packets and twin links from these ports to a linux ... regular users. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Throughput question on Linux system
    ... > We connected two smart bits ports to two Ethernet ports on the Linux ... > getting lower throughput with higher packet size. ... I should get more packets and which interrupts more and I ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)