Revise text section that has been loaded into virtual memory

From: Sean (seanatpurdue_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/17/05

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:15:05 -0500

I wonder if Linux/FreeBSD allow a process modify its own text section of
the executable that has been loaded into memory.
Conceptually, it can coz it is its own space after all. But it seems
that my try was failed.

Thanks,

---------------------
- stack
-
-
- heap
- .bss
- data
---------------------
- text
-
----------------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Revise text section that has been loaded into virtual memory
    ... > I wonder if Linux/FreeBSD allow a process modify its own text section of ... > the executable that has been loaded into memory. ... tauno voipio iki fi ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: SQLMemTable vs dxmemData vs kbmMemtable vs other?
    ... advice, I think my company won't buy once again, coz we bought the dxMemdata ... and dxMemdata loading time is slower than kbmMemtable. ... coz I will use try...except. ... > assume the memory is slow down or something like that.. ...
  • Re: Converting userdefined type to a byte array
    ... > thanx larry for the reply but could you please explain a little more, coz I ... You want to combine them into one larger chunk of memory. ... data such that you can reverse the process. ...
  • Re: Revise text section that has been loaded into virtual memory
    ... >the executable that has been loaded into memory. ... it can coz it is its own space after all. ... modify its text section?" ... text section without doing anything special first?" ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)