icewm bacground can't set

cheian07_at_yahoo.com
Date: 10/20/05

Date: 20 Oct 2005 02:14:37 -0700

hi there!

i am using vector linux 4.3 with ICEWM as a default window manager. My
problem is i can't set any wallpaper or background image in the
desktop. When icewm starts, it has already its default background w/
blue color and a penguin. Setting desktopbackground in the preferences
file does'nt make it. I also tried Icewm Control Panel to set the
background but no effect. But whenever I log off i see the wallpaper
i've set just blink and disappear. I think the wallpaper i set stays
behind this default blue background with penguin. That's why whenever
this default background closes during log off, the wallpaper i set
appears momentarily. I dont have a problem with V. linux 4.0.

I also notice that the background of V. Linux 4.3 is same as with V.
Linux 4.0 but V. 4.3 is covered by this default icewm background. is it
caused by Rox filer? how will i remove this background so that the
wallpaper i set can be displayed?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in adv,

ian