Re: Tuning the Scheduler

Very interesting. The developer just told me it's not blocking and
using a timeout of some sort - we're investigating.

  • Re: Tuning the Scheduler
    ... and using a timeout of some sort - we're investigating. ... Timeouts ) are _very_ poor programming practice ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: help adding timeout to nntp?
    ... including the http library in tcl itself, provide a timeout. ... Problem is that Tcl's API isn't complete. ... switching between blocking and non-blocking. ... The tell here is why switch to blocking mode? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Translation from Polish (Lublin records, early-mid 19th century, KALICH Family)
    ... I am investigating my KALICH family roots, ... currently in sort of "dead-end" as to their origin. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: Erlang-style concurrency
    ... /Any/ receive operation in Erang, selective or not, is blocking. ... blocks until a message arrives (or the timeout expires, ... then given that passing is asynchronous in Erlang the the sender can't ... blocks only for B (possibly with a timeout) or whether it will accept ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: GNAT.Sockets: Timeval_Duration is in milliseconds?
    ... "Sets a timeout, in milliseconds, for blocking receive calls. ... I suppose we have to report this as a bug in GNAT though it would be ...
    (comp.lang.ada)