how to use jiffies in printk

Hello,
I am a newbie so please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to print
the time it takes to transmit 10000 packets in my computer.
So, in the standard e1000_main.c code (I have a Intel Gigabit card)
e1000_xmit_frame, I have added the following lines:

azeem_count++;
if(azeem_count % 10000 == 0)
printk(KERN_INFO "%u %u\n", jiffies_to_usecs(jiffies),
azeem_count);

where azeem_count has been initialized as a static unsigned int = 0.
But the numbers I am getting are giving me incorrect values when I
compare it with back of the envelope calculations.

So, my question is, how am I supposed to use this "jiffies".
(I have a 3.0 GHz HT P4).

Thanks.

  • Re: Fast TCP
    ... > I read about the new TCP and the fact that it allows enormous data ... inter-packet transmit interval, etc. ... packets can bunch up, with a batch arriving at the source all at once. ... http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2003g.html#44 Rewrite TCP/IP ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: MQ Patch.
    ... packets to the DMA engine. ... Because once you've pushed it into the transmit ring, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Ethernet card receiving influenced by CPU speed?
    ... > They both install, ping, transmit fine, but receive very very slow ... > lots of errors, overruns,dropped packets. ... -- make sure neighbors' routing tables and arp cache show OK re: ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • entstat and Interrupts?
    ... What does the "Interrupts" mean when I run entstat -d? ... ETHERNET STATISTICS (en0): ... Max Packets on S/W Transmit Queue: ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: NTPD not receiving any response from timservers
    ... transmit: ... I am not an iptables wizard though, ... But you can use iptables to block packets coming in on ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)