Re: Open and Read functions

On 2006-10-13, Erik de Castro Lopo <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vins wrote:

Hi there,

In an old post, I asked what the equivalents of the CreateFile/ReadFile
functions of the kernel32 library. Can we use an equivalent of the
kernel32 library in MONO/Linux?

The POSIX standard (which microsoft mostly chooses to ignore) specifies
the open/read/write/close functions.

Is anybody has an idea?
The goal is to send bytes to the COM port (RS232) and receive data...

You need open/read/write/close.

Along with the get/set termios calls.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! We have DIFFERENT
at amounts of HAIR --

  • Re: Open and Read functions
    ... I asked what the equivalents of the CreateFile/ReadFile ... the open/read/write/close functions. ... "The RIAA is obsessed to the point of comedy with the frustration ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Open and Read functions
    ... I asked what the equivalents of the CreateFile/ReadFile ... kernel32 library in MONO/Linux? ... The goal is to send bytes to the COM port and receive data... ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)