Re: Does rtlinux always require MMU?



rk wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone please confirm whether RTLinux always requires an onboard
MMU for its execution? If not then when can the MMU be turned off and
what are the further implications of this?
What about other variants of embedded linux os, except uclinux do all
need mmu?

Yes, all Linux variants except ucLinux require an MMU. (In order to do virtual
memory, mmap(), virtual address spaces, etc.)

ucLinux does not require a MMU but it doesn't support those features.

--
┌── dg@cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ───────────────────

│ "The first 90% of the code takes the first 90% of the time. The other 10%
│ takes the other 90% of the time." --- Anonymous
.