Re: Does rtlinux always require MMU?
- From: "rk" <rahul.kashyap98@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 2 Mar 2007 05:49:02 -0800
Thanks Buddy for this information.
Just another question:- is there any list of all linux variants along
with their timing parameters(interrupt latency, context switch
If u know of any then please tell me.
David Given wrote:
Can anyone please confirm whether RTLinux always requires an onboard
MMU for its execution? If not then when can the MMU be turned off and
what are the further implications of this?
What about other variants of embedded linux os, except uclinux do all
Yes, all Linux variants except ucLinux require an MMU. (In order to do virtual
memory, mmap(), virtual address spaces, etc.)
ucLinux does not require a MMU but it doesn't support those features.
┌── ｄｇ＠ｃｏｗｌａｒｋ．ｃｏｍ ─── http://www.cowlark.com ───────────────────
│ "The first 90% of the code takes the first 90% of the time. The other 10%
│ takes the other 90% of the time." --- Anonymous
- Prev by Date: Re: help with huge memory consumption??
- Next by Date: Re: Relationship between USB devices and /dev/ttyACMx
- Previous by thread: Re: Does rtlinux always require MMU?
- Next by thread: Porting linux 2.4 on a new arm platform