Re: help with huge memory consumption??

On Mar 12, 4:26 am, phil-news-nos...@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The start/create cost is relevant. It's just not the only thing that is
relevant. I think what you are trying to say here is that the whole cost
of threads vs. processes has to be considered, not just the creation cost.

The start/create cost is relevant. What is not relevant is comparing
the cost of creating *one* process to *one* thread. Perhaps it might
make the top fifty list, but it's preposterous for it to be the first
thing people talk about when comparing two completely different types
of approaches.

DS

  • Re: OT : Save Windows XP
    ... When comparing the cost of a 15" Laptop from Apple to a comparable 15" PC, I can not justify the cost difference. ... In the consumer world, most MS apps that run under windoze will run under XP or VISTA, the two "current" operating systems. ... And while Gates is a very wealthy man, he is most busy these days working to give his money away through his foundation. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Are you happy with your fascist mentality, ADR?
    ... crisis had a better standard of living in Greece than you! ... us the cost of living in a given country, ... When comparing the cost of living in one country versus another, ...
    (soc.culture.greek)
  • Re: OT : Save Windows XP
    ... When comparing the cost of a 15" Laptop from Apple to a comparable 15" PC, I can not justify the cost difference. ... I looked online to see when was the last date Windows will be selling the XP version, and noticed that their is a petition to request MS continue selling XP beyond their current cut off date of June 30. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT : Save Windows XP
    ... comparing the cost of a 15" Laptop from Apple to a comparable 15" PC, ... their is a petition to request MS continue selling XP beyond their ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Is our hobby getting more expensive or what?
    ... We seem to be getting lost in another debate comparing the ... the big shock is the Atlas turnout. ... The other 4 items average about 7.3% cost increase per year ...
    (rec.models.railroad)