upgrading drivers of 2.4 kernel to 2.6 kernel

Dear Friends,

I am PCI cards of Advantech, and they are used in Data acquisition
systems.They are written for 2.4 kernel and i want to upgrade the to
2.6 kernel.
I want to ask what are the changes which i have to do in
Makefile,loading and removing modules and other important aspects so
as to work similar as it was working with 2.4 kernel.

RRC

  • Re: 8.x grudges
    ... FREEBSD_COMPAT7 kernel option is, apparently, a requirement (and ... customizations when performing a major version upgrade. ... libusb from ports installed. ... Frequency ID control: No ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: messed up upgrade 7.0 & 7.1 to 7.2
    ... to get Flash & Shockwave to work on a FreeBSD installation. ... I have not been able to figure out how a custom kernel could be ... Portsnap only updates the ports tree, ... upgrade I am supposed to provide the GENERIC kernel in /boot. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: gcc updates
    ... This breaks all of the C code I have written for the final phases of the processing chain. ... I assume a similar scheme would allow me to upgrade from F8 to F9. ... It then downloads the anaconda installer, and places an entry in grub that allows selection of an upgrade fedora item. ... This work is quite disk and processor intensive, yet I never saw any kernel or other issues during about two months, and in trimming 100GB of mpeg data. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problems with Xorg video
    ... I am using kernel 2.6.8-2-386. ... kernel part of the graphics drivers which is needed by Xorg. ... udev upgrade. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: messed up upgrade 7.0 & 7.1 to 7.2
    ... I have not been able to figure out how a custom kernel could be ... whatever else it should - all I got was error: configuration file not found ... Portsnap only updates the ports tree, ... upgrade I am supposed to provide the GENERIC kernel in /boot. ...
    (freebsd-questions)