Make File Error..,

I am trying to run the make file and it is getting executed properly
but at the end I am getting an error code, foo.mk:1: *** missing
separator. Stop.

Makefile:
include foo.mk
$(warning Finished Include)

foo.mk: bar.mk
cat bar.mk > $@
# bar.mk - Report when I am being read.
$(warning Reading FILENAME)

o/p:
$ make
Makefile:1: foo.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:2: Finished Include
Makefile:7: Reading FILENAME
cat bar.mk > foo.mk
foo.mk:1: *** missing separator. Stop.

bar.mk contains following string:
Hello This Is A Test File For include Directive;

  • Re: Make File Error..,
    ... $(warning Reading FILENAME) ... Makefile:7: Reading FILENAME ... cat bar.mk> foo.mk ... bar.mk contains following string: ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Grab for Unix
    ... sat on the mat ... ate the cat ... When only cut-string1 is specified records containing that string mark ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Grab for Unix
    ... ate the cat ... When only cut-string1 is specified records containing that string mark ... it sounds like something AWK should be able to handle quite easily. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Negate a character sequence in a regular expression?
    ... The engine starts scanning through the string until matches 'cat'. ... where cat and dog were separated by only a few ... but the frequency of appearance of the keywords ... you need to add the /m modifier if your strings are paragraphs. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)