Re: is there a CLI for linux?

On Jul 24, 3:37 pm, Bill Marcum <marcumb...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009-07-24, zix <zixe...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I am looking for a CLI in Linux. I should be starting in the CLI,
login and then go to shell by entering a command. on typing exit from
shell, i should come back to CLI again. is there something already
available somewhere?

Thnks and Regards,
zix

I'm not sure what you mean. The shell is a CLI. You can get to a text mode
login prompt by pressing ctrl-alt-F1 to ctrl-alt-F6 in most Linux distros.

yes Bill, i do agree that shell itself is a cli. but i want another
cli over top of it, as i want to open the shell only sometimes and not
every time.

  • Re: [opensuse] different types of shell scripts
    ... Execute commands from a file in the current shell. ... This 'execute' the setting of shell/environment variables. ... and what I would consider BAD PRACTICE is running in the current shell things that should be run in a sub-shell or sub-process. ... There was a "Transient Program Area" and the CLI caused the executive to overlay the CLI with the application. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: CLI WAS: VMS Forever?
    ... It's not a CLI, as the POSIX shell was. ... Whether it makes sense to implement a Unix shell using this kind ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: VMS Forever?
    ... It's not a CLI, as the POSIX shell was. ... Whether it makes sense to implement a Unix shell using this kind ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • CLI WAS: VMS Forever?
    ... It's not a CLI, as the POSIX shell was. ... Whether it makes sense to implement a Unix shell using this kind ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: is there a CLI for linux?
    ... zix wrote: ... login and then go to shell by entering a command. ... on typing exit from ... The shell is a CLI. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)