Re: Kernel Debugging

Am 26.03.2010 10:39 schrieb Pandi:
Am working on linux 2.6.21. Is this possible to debug my kernel module
with linux kernel from windows PC? If it is possible, could any one
direct me on how can be done, procedure and package to download and
setting break point and getting memory foot print or any web pages to
get more information etc., Thanks

I've never done that, but it should be possible with kdb over a serial
console connected through a null modem cable to the Windows PC. On the
Windows PC you'd use some terminal emulator like Hyperterm or PuTTY.

HTH
Tilman

  • RE: [opensuse] Need help accessing Microsoft Domain based DFS shares from OpenSUSE
    ... Samba http://www.samba.org, is the premier DFS support for linux, actually it is better than windows itself, but it is mostly server-based services. ... Any recent linux kernel supports cifs for mounting directly. ... If you want to use /etc/fstab, you should use a credential file to keep the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Linux Functionality?
    ... Does Debian not use the Linux kernel? ... Linux - the kernel originally written by Linus Torvalds ... In the case of Windows we have: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: NTFS drive wont mount - "unknown filesystem"?
    ... is there any way to assign a drive letter to the drive ... Back when i used windows i got a 700 GB USB external hard drive. ... been using it since then on Ubuntu, ... Linux Kernel 2.6.31-17-generic ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Wasting our Freedom
    ... Just as the Linux kernel is under ... equally Windows is under EULA of Microsoft. ... was wrong since OpenBSD uses the licence of the UCB. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Connection problem from Windows Client to Linux Server
    ... that the Linux Kernel 2.4.32 send our UDP ... packets in an non standard network protocol (Kernel 2.6.19 does it ... So the windows firewall blocks it and set the "Don't Fragment" bit. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)