Major number changes after each insmod
- From: Guillaume Dargaud <use_the_contact_form@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:12:44 +0100
I'm working on my first 'real' driver for linux (I've done libusb and other
usermode drivers before) and I have some basic questions.
First in the init of the module, I do:
rc = alloc_chrdev_region(&dev,minor,nr_devs,"MyDev");
But the value of dev changes each time I do a new rmmod/insmod: 254, 253,
So how can match it with mknod ?
mknod /dev/MyDev c 254 0
Right now I need to do it manually each time.
Can't I fix the major number in my driver initialization ?
PS: with usenet getting increasingly sidelined, what is a good forum to ask
about general linux driver development ?
- Prev by Date: Re: error when accessing current->thread in assembly syscall handler
- Next by Date: system wide reclaimed pages
- Previous by thread: error when accessing current->thread in assembly syscall handler
- Next by thread: Re: Major number changes after each insmod