Re: [ann] Microblaze uClinux Demo released

From: Antti Lukats (antti_at_case2000.com)
Date: 08/26/03

Date: 25 Aug 2003 22:51:54 -0700

[mbvanilla on ml300 with linux image.bin?]
> It will indeed work - the demo bit file is just mbvanilla targetting the
> V2MB1000. Just make sure you keep the address map the same, eg the
> location of your main RAM bank, which the kernel expects to find at
> 0x80000000, for 16 Mb. Also the bootloader expects there to be
> AMD-style flash at 0xFF000000. The source of the bootloader comes with
> the mbvanilla project so you should have no trouble changing that if
> necessary.

ml300 has (lots of things) +
DDR RAM (no FLASH)
it is possible to preload the RAM from compact flash, so there is no
need for flash, and if the linux image expects to see the flash its
a problem :( I really would not like to write a ip core that 'emulates'
the non existing flash

I have looked at mb ulinux several times, but while working on w2k
workstation it looks very complicated to get all the things to compile.

antti
PS I also have memec board with S2 600E and comm160 module there it
would possible be easier to get the mbvanilla and image.bin to work.

but,,, the flash on p160comm is not AMD?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Suggestion needed on Embedded Linux support for my board
    ... That particular ARM chip does not have enough RAM or Flash to support ... Linux or uClinux and the LPC also doesn't have the required MMU for ... lot of external RAM and Flash could be made to run uClinux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Cisco vs. Linux
    ... > (this has been Linksys router vs. Linux). ... If you think of hardware reliability, you can get PC hardware with flash ... lower-Cisco equipments are RAM and flash restricted ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: SPI DataFlash vs parallel Flash for running Linux on an ARM board
    ... > added 16 MB ram to this board, and am looking to add some flash. ... > be capable of running Linux if i just add an 8MB SPI dataflash? ... and loads the kernel image from a NAND flash. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: [OT] Linux
    ... I have linux running successfully on several boxes with 4 MB of (flash) disk and 8 MB of ram; and a graphical UI on a box with 64 MB of flash and 32 MB ram. ... And a handheld with a 4GB hd, 400 Mhz arm CPU, and 64 MB RAM running full-blown desktop apps, although you have to be careful with that little ram what you have open at any one time. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Performance and Flash Pipelining on TI 28F12 DSPs
    ... > of "critical code" we could move to RAM. ... > from internal flash? ... Since the external RAM is as big as the internal flash, ... the timers and all other interrupts are shut off, ...
    (comp.dsp)