Re: [ann] Microblaze uClinux Demo released

From: John Williams (jwilliams_at_itee.uq.edu.au)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:22:58 +1000

Hi Dan,

> Is Xilinx planning on contributing their Microblaze port
> back to the GCC project, i.e. have they executed a copyright
> assignment so upcoming versions of gcc can supprt Microblaze
> out-of-the-box?

I'm not sure.

> I ask partly because I'm wondering if it's worth folding Microblaze
> support into my generic toolchain build script
> (http://kegel.com/crosstool) or PTXDist.

To do so would be very useful for the microblaze / uClinux community,
since currently we are unable to build our own toolchains, and are
somewhat reliant on Xilinx for that. We have the source, but aren't
really able to build it yet.

> This would be somewhat difficult
> Microblaze used a special hacked version of gcc...

I don't think there's anything too radical in there, but I'm not a gcc
expert by any means.

Regards,

John