Re: [ann] Microblaze uClinux Demo released

From: John Williams (jwilliams_at_itee.uq.edu.au)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:22:58 +1000

Hi Dan,

> Is Xilinx planning on contributing their Microblaze port
> back to the GCC project, i.e. have they executed a copyright
> assignment so upcoming versions of gcc can supprt Microblaze
> out-of-the-box?

I'm not sure.

> I ask partly because I'm wondering if it's worth folding Microblaze
> support into my generic toolchain build script
> (http://kegel.com/crosstool) or PTXDist.

To do so would be very useful for the microblaze / uClinux community,
since currently we are unable to build our own toolchains, and are
somewhat reliant on Xilinx for that. We have the source, but aren't
really able to build it yet.

> This would be somewhat difficult
> Microblaze used a special hacked version of gcc...

I don't think there's anything too radical in there, but I'm not a gcc
expert by any means.

Regards,

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [ann] Microblaze uClinux Demo released
    ... developed by Xilinx for their FPGA family. ... > potential of uClinux running on Microblaze. ... anywhere in the gcc mailing list archives. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: sudo and UNIXes (was: audacity export wma format[1 more question])
    ... You mean the first thing you compile on a new system isn't gcc? ... On Solaris I use vendor packages with gcc, ... are companies that have full paid support for RHEL. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: math.nroot [was Re: A brief question.]
    ... > so before VC 7.1 was released (C99 ain't exactly new anymore). ... > support _some_ way to get at this stuff. ... This includes gcc before C99 ... > and fenv.h -- if the platforms represented in fpectlmodule.c were ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Microcross X-Tools license help?
    ... It looks like they took the gnu arm tool chain and reworked it to ... The compiler build needs some support libraries, ... Google for GCC Cross Compiler. ... You could also look at CodeSourcery. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Microcross X-Tools license help?
    ... It looks like they took the gnu arm tool chain and reworked it to ... The compiler build needs some support libraries, ... Google for GCC Cross Compiler. ... You pay a small price to get the toolchain integrated with debugger and extra libraries. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)