Re: Mini-ITX, LinuxBios and DOC

From: Vincent Crabtree (v.p.crabtree_at_lboro.ac.uk)
Date: 09/19/03

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:32:58 +0100

I was going to have a moduleless kernel and have my application and
everything in the initrd.

The idea of linuxbios is that you replace the bios with a doc. YOu then
program a bootloader which initialises the motherboards regsiters, loads the
kernel and then can load an initrd from the doc. This allows quicker boot up
time, custom display if you have one etc, along with the non-requirement for
a root file system.

I will use a moduleless kernel but i wanted to have my application in the
initrd file too decompressing to ram, without using a flash, usb, DOM etc as
the root file system.
"Kyler Laird" <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote in message