Re: shared interrupts, isr's and int-controller

From: Michael Schnell (mschnell_at_lumino_dot_de_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:08:20 +0100

> i have several int-sources connected to a register and an edge-detector.

Why that ? IMHO a better design is setting FFs with each interrupt and
resetting them by the ISR after reading them and detecting which one is
set. The OR of the outputs of the FFs is the processor's interrupt
source (level triggered). Thus the ISR is automatically repeated until
all interrupts are serviced. The interrupt priority can be done by the
ISR when selecting which of the set FFs is to be serviced.

I suppose that you are seeing a hardware or design problem.

-Michael

Relevant Pages

  • Re: shared interrupts, isrs and int-controller
    ... a int-mask register with your design. ... The OR of the outputs of the FFs is the processor's interrupt ... the main problem seems that i don't queue ints received in int-context. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco ASA and FWSM
    ... and for the ASA-5520 they share one single interrupt. ... worst hardware design ever. ... handled in the same context switch. ... routine (ISR), which means that you aren't going to get or handle ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: DoModal isnt reentrant but failure mode could be improved
    ... >XP are masking the interrupt for more than 1ms, it's not going to matter how ... >suppose we just proceeded to send the next command to the device without ... I didn't design the protocol, by the way; ... protocols is a serious design problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Direct Linux syscalls
    ... > future in it at the design stage because it suffers from a number of quite ... behind the 80x86 family architecture. ... memory management to give the ultimate hardware protection ... > such)...the interrupt system already had to deal with "run-time relocation" ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Interrupts are not coming sometime in NIC miniport
    ... An ISR should do only what is absolutely necessary, ... This is usually done by reading some interrupt register on the ... The DPC then does all the real work. ... Fill up blob with data from the NICs data buffers. ...