Re: Binary to Assembly

From: Grant Edwards (grante_at_visi.com)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: 17 Feb 2004 15:13:47 GMT

On 2004-02-17, John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> In article <39157a4.0402161640.2385df4c@posting.google.com>, Socket wrote:
>>
>>>http://ircdb.org/disasmdll.htm
>>>DLL for windows but disassembler sources are in ANSI C
>>>
>>>of course I think you mean Intel 80x86 assembler or compatible
>>

>> Since it's an embedded linux newsgroup, wouldn't one assume he
>> means Gnu 80x86 assembler?
>
> au contraire! i run linux on a softcore processor embedded in a xilinx
> fpga - it's about as non-08x86 as you can get, but we still use gnu
> binutils and friends...

Right. But you're using Gnu assmebler rather than some other
flavor of assembler. I was pointing out that he probably wants
_Gnu_ assmebler output rather than _Intel_ assembler output.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm also pre-POURED
                                  at               pre-MEDITATED and

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Binary to Assembly
    ... >> Since it's an embedded linux newsgroup, ... But you're using Gnu assmebler rather than some other ... flavor of assembler. ... _Gnu_ assmebler output rather than _Intel_ assembler output. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Binary to Assembly
    ... >>of course I think you mean Intel 80x86 assembler or compatible ... > Since it's an embedded linux newsgroup, ... fpga - it's about as non-08x86 as you can get, but we still use gnu ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Need help interfacing Gnu "as" to fpc (very specific)
    ... days I have been looking at AT&T syntax for the Gnu assembler ... The header is the problem ... buffer visible in fpc. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.misc)
  • Re: /usr/ccs/bin/as errors in Solaris 10
    ... Someone has built some code which assumes your gcc is configured to ... use the GNU assembler, when in fact your gcc is configured to use the ... Sun assembler. ... the Sun assembler or GNU assembler, by using the configure option -- ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: have you programmed in assembly for ARM using arm-elf-as?
    ... I'm using gnu 'as' document but it is not easy. ... what various assembler directives `as' supports (things to specify ... the manual specific to ARM, and it describes what the various directives ...
    (comp.sys.arm)