Re: Binary to Assembly

From: Kishore.S (kishoreseera_at_engineer.com)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: 19 Feb 2004 04:37:48 -0800

Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote in message news:<40322fab$0$166$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com>...
> On 2004-02-17, John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> > Grant Edwards wrote:

> >> Since it's an embedded linux newsgroup, wouldn't one assume he
> >> means Gnu 80x86 assembler?
> >
> > au contraire! i run linux on a softcore processor embedded in a xilinx
> > fpga - it's about as non-08x86 as you can get, but we still use gnu
> > binutils and friends...
>
> Right. But you're using Gnu assmebler rather than some other
> flavor of assembler. I was pointing out that he probably wants
> _Gnu_ assmebler output rather than _Intel_ assembler output.

Thanks a Lot to all, for your suggestions. I got it through objdump.
anyways thanks to all

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Experience with Xilinx Microblaze kit?
    ... I've only had a good play with the digilentinc xupv2pro + edk ... They talk about "evaluation" versions of numerous cores such as UARTs, ... but if Linux is ready-rolled... ... See if you can get xilinx to give you ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: best evm for virtex-4 and linux
    ... I was under the impression Xilinx ... I don't expect to be doing much Linux ... >> gets just ignored - DENX was doing lots of work towards PPC linux ... >> Setting up a new MicroBlaze uCLinux systems is just a piece of cake ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: multi-processor linux on xilinx
    ... frequently running in to the dead end at the monte vista site which has ... paid for gives me pause and should cause Xilinx to shake their head too. ... open source repositories. ... Earlier this week I yet again compiled Linux from scratch for the ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: best evm for virtex-4 and linux
    ... I don't expect to be doing much Linux ... >>> Being the maintainer of the MicroBlaze uClinux port, ... There are some guides out there on DIY Linux for Xilinx PPC, ... > gets just ignored - DENX was doing lots of work towards PPC linux ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: best evm for virtex-4 and linux
    ... I don't expect to be doing much Linux ... >> Being the maintainer of the MicroBlaze uClinux port, ... There are some guides out there on DIY Linux for Xilinx PPC, ... >> faster than PPC Linux, ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)