USB modem help required please

From: Gopal (gopal_bdt_at_indiatimes.com)
Date: 07/21/04

Date: 21 Jul 2004 06:35:37 -0700

Hi,
  I'm going through the linux USB modem class code(USB ACM
CDC(communication device class)).

  In "/usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/acm.txt", they listed some 7
modems which the code supports. I understood the class specification
and its relevant code. But i didn't get where the code touches the
corresponding modem. Or where the modem's description has been
made...

  Means if for ex: Compaq 56k FaxModem.

I didn't get where the description of this modem has been made.

Please help me if anybody knows about this.

Thanks in-advance,
Gopi.

Relevant Pages

  • pls help me USB modem
    ... I'm going through the linux USB modem class code(USB ACM ... I understood the class specification ... and its relevant code. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • RE: USB device not claimed by any active driver
    ... You need to select the USB Modem (CDC ACM) support kernel option. ... If your current version of Linux has the ACM driver compiled into it, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: usb modem MultiTech MT5634ZBA-USB
    ... but was not sure if it was applicable to Fedora since the devices it ... command modprobe acm, ... someone else had used usb modems. ... One way to see if /dev/ACM0 is your modem would be to see if it is ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: usb modem
    ... I have Debian 3.0r1 and Knoppix 3.3 on the system as well, ... detects the same modem just fine. ... I don't know how to tell which usb modems are CDC ... >Control Model` aka ACM wich you state above. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: USR 5605 External USB modem not recognized
    ... This modem was listed at ... > via a USB connection. ... require respectively the usb-uhci or usb-ohci kernel driver. ... Such as, for example, the acm driver. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)