Re: Installer

From: Viktar Siarheichyk (viksia_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/25/04

    Date: 25 Oct 2004 00:24:20 -0700

    "H.-J.Oertel" <hj.oertel@surfeu.de> wrote in message news:<clh3vk$uv2$1@online.de>...

    > > Does anybody know of linux installer for some embedded platform than
    > > has no keyboard or display but has only serial port and ethernet?
    > look for - google - something like
    > "linux boot loader"

    Thank you, but I'm looking for installer (e.g. Debian Installer,
    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ ), not just boot loader
    (e.g. RedBoot, http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/ ). More over, I'd
    like to find an installer capable to install to a board without
    display and keyboard, only containing ethernet and serial ports, (e.g.
    EP80219 from Embedded Planet,
    http://www.embeddedplanet.com/products/ep80219.asp ).

    Thank you.

    • Installer
      ... has no keyboard or display but has only serial port and ethernet? ...
      (comp.os.linux.embedded)
    • Re: Hibernation without EWF
      ... I added the display class installer and now it works. ... Not surprising hibernation doesn't work for you. ... You not only need the class installer but also the proper display driver for the video card you are using on the target machine. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: BSDInstall ISO images
      ... By pressing Left Arrow and Right Arrow, recovered the dialog selection line ... Installer has been selected. ... A single word is given and reached to the Partition Editor. ... and display only VALID items. ...
      (freebsd-arch)
    • FC2 installation woes....
      ... OK, I downloaded FC2 on Monday via the German torrent, burned my CDs ... The Fedora installer couldn't find my mouse (Mouse Systems 3 button ... That's easy enough to fix (if I want to burn ... The new kernel seems to find my ethernet cards "backwards". ...
      (Fedora)
    • [SLE] SLES 9 Installer Has Resolution > 1024x768??
      ... Trying to install SLES 9 on some new compaq gear with a new flat-panel rack mount display and ... apparently the SLES 9 installer is using a resolution greater than 1024x768. ... As soon as the linux installation kernel starts booting the display goes black with a warning on ...
      (SuSE)