Re: c code or external app

khuedinhpham_at_yahoo.com
Date: 12/16/04

Date: 16 Dec 2004 07:25:58 -0800

The answer is YES and NO. It is all matter of your taste, choice and
how details you know about your system.

For instance, if you are not very familiar with all the configuration
files then from your C code call the external function (call execXX
function family) and pass the parameter to it. If you are familiar
with all configuration file for your particular platform then modify
the configuration file (read/write to configuration file).

Personally, for me since I will do a very similar thing in the near
future, my choice is to modify the configuration files and then reboot
the system.

Good luck.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [GNOME3] Gain vertical space
    ... installing any extension): ... the default GNOME Shell theme is Adwaita. ... the more interesting sections of this configuration file is: ... You are suggesting to modify a system file, is there any way to do ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Question about LaTeX...
    ... have a look to the configuration file `/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf', ... HOMETEXMF ... (you may have to modify some other stuff as well [I did it a long time ago). ... > How can I add a new class to the path where the latex command ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Share AppSettings configuration between a service Web and an asp.net web application
    ... configuration file. ... My goal is only to modify the appSettings section. ... my webservice A is a web application from the B web site. ...
  • Re: phpinfo() - Configuration File (php.ini) Path
    ... > modify the path displayed in the [Configuration File Path] ... IIRC if you want to change the default path you need to build the binaries - ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: fatal: relocation error: R_AMD64_PC32:
    ... somewhere in configuration file. ... Jamfiles, Makefiles, or something like that. ... You should not modify any part of Sun Studio. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)