Re: c code or external app

khuedinhpham_at_yahoo.com
Date: 12/16/04

Date: 16 Dec 2004 07:25:58 -0800

The answer is YES and NO. It is all matter of your taste, choice and
how details you know about your system.

For instance, if you are not very familiar with all the configuration
files then from your C code call the external function (call execXX
function family) and pass the parameter to it. If you are familiar
with all configuration file for your particular platform then modify
the configuration file (read/write to configuration file).

Personally, for me since I will do a very similar thing in the near
future, my choice is to modify the configuration files and then reboot
the system.

Good luck.