fastest approach?

From: Little.Horse (matehsiang_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:16:28 +0800

Hello,

We have a requirement to read data from serial port ( ie RS232 ) , then do
some simple calculation and finally write to io port ( ie LCD driver ).
Since time is critical or very limited, we are wondering there have any good
approach for this. As such, I need you input about what I thought:

(1) Change the Serial Port Driver a little bit
(2) When message received, then do some calculation and write to IO port.

Is above approach faster than write a program in user mode to read RS232 and
then write to IO port?

Any idea? Thanks in Advance,

Derek

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software access of bluetooth as a serial port
    ... avoid dealing with the Bluetooth Manager and its UI altogether. ... you can open the com port and do normal I/O calls. ... from your JAVA code. ... > "Derek Finn" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Windows Compiler Recommendations
    ... Derek wrote: ... cygwin is a POSIX port, which then ports the tools using POSIX. ... Both have shells ported to windows. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • LCD Driver porting
    ... Presently we are trying to port some ... custom lcd driver written for nucleus rtos based system to win CE based ... We want exactly the same UI in wince. ... 3)Is there standard support for 1/4VGA LCD driver on WinCE? ...
  • Re: Problem
    ... USB mouse port. ... generated noise"? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: m16c and lcd p9 read faliure?
    ... the lcd driver is a samsung S6B0724. ... > the problem i am having is that when i am reading the p9 port of the ... > the configuration of the port is input without pullup. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)