Read-only EXT2

From: Kevin Kilzer (kkilzer._at_mindspring.com)
Date: 08/13/05

    Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:34:11 GMT

    I have a system that can get files from an EXT2 file system, but it
    can only read. The disk can be moved to a full Linux host that writes
    the files the other system reads.

    Recently, the disk data seems to be corrupted, because the Linux
    system sometimes loses power.

    I would like to use a more robust file system, like EXT3 or one of the
    journaling file systems. Is a read-only EXT2 system compatible with
    any other disk format?

    Kevin

    • Re: defrag in linux?
      ... heads of your HD advance sequentially through the hard disk. ... fragmentation is a concern when one ... On the other hand, if you are Linux, you reorder the ... 'file fragmented' Linux file system and a 'file unfragmented' Linux ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: dos defragmentation utility
      ... | I have been using linux for school since a last spring and have since ... heads of your HD advance sequentially through the hard disk. ... fragmentation is a concern when one ... 'file fragmented' Linux file system and a 'file unfragmented' Linux ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)
    • Re: Linux photo frame..
      ... into a linux powered photo frame using the DSL distribution. ... What file system are you using? ... and the hardware cache on the disk. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: [opensuse] Defragging: possible? necessary?
      ... answer, which I don't have, is how the particular file system handles ... and the disk allocation for same. ... some French linux user. ... How so in terms of the "defragger"? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Simulating slow file system
      ... I was wondering whether there is any tool in linux that can be used to ... simulate a slow file system? ... Basically, ALL filesystems which reside on disk are slow, ...
      (SuSE)